Ananda of Super Fashionable nesting in comfort, wearing our Bumped tee and High-Waist Maternity support leggings.
You love the clothes you wore before becoming pregnant, so why stop wearing them now? As much as we embrace pregnancy and the changes that come along with it, venturing into the maternity section at your favorite department store can be overwhelming. You’re changing, but your style isn’t. Here are five simple steps that helped us extend our non-maternity wardrobe:
1) Short dresses? Wear them as tunics paired with leggings or tanks (especially perfect if they’re made out of stretchy material as they’ll hug your curves beautifully)
2) His shirt. Oversize is your best friend during pregnancy. Wear something fitting on the bottom for a chic and modern look, or pair with his jeans, and roll them up for an instant (and comfy) boyfriend look.
3) Skinny belts. Buckle between the bust and belly for a cute empire silhouette. If traditional belts are too restrictive, try using a stretchy ribbon instead.
4) Maxi skirts. That long skirt that drags on the floor when you wear it under the belly? Try wearing it over your belly instead and pair with a cami for an oh-so-cute boho getup.
5) The BLANQI maternity supportwear tank. A 3-in-1 transitioning tool, and a must-have in every mama-to-be’s closet. So what does it do? 1) Lifts and supports the belly 2) smoothes you out and keeps everything in, and 3) holds up your unbuttoned pre-pregnancy bottoms. Top it off with you favorite shirt and you’re golden!
The BLANQI Maternity Supportwear Tank Video
It doesn’t get any easier than that, and let’s face it, pregnancy is hard enough, so don’t complicate your wardrobe!
xx Sabina & Valerie